Come along to our School Holiday Dance Day Camp in Stepney.
Dance Day Camp Details
⭐ Tuesday January 17th to Friday January 20th, 2023
⭐ 9am – 3pm
⭐ Ages 6-12 yrs
⭐ $240 per child (4 day dance camp)
⭐ @ Stomping Ground Studios
⭐ 9 Stepney St Stepney
What will you learn at Dance Day Camp?
You will be joining in four fun filled days of dancing, moving and skills with our amazing teachers Miss Robyn and Miss Georgia.
You will spend two days with Miss Robyn creating some exciting dance and movement. You will start each day with a warm up to inspiring music, then you will learn some movement phrases and then break into groups to start creating your own movement phrases with the option to use some props to help spark your creativity.
You will also spend two days with Miss Georgia learning acro dance skills and some of the latest popular dance moves. You will start each day with a warm up, then you will be broken up into groups and start to learn some acro skills on the mats.
Depending on your experience, you may start learning frog jumps, bunny hops and bear walks or forward and backward rolls, handstands, cartwheels and backbends. You will get the chance to create your own little acro routine in groups and then put them together to some music. You will also learn popular dance moves to your favourite songs, learn a short routine and play some fun dance games.
5 things you need to know before you arrive
- On each day, please make sure you bring a water bottle (dancing is thirsty work!), a snack (no nuts or chocolate please) and a packed lunch (dancing is also hungry work!)
- The studio will be open at 8:45am each day for your parent or caregiver to drop you off at reception. They will pick you up from reception at 3pm each day.
- Make sure you arrive at least 5 minutes before the day of dancing starts. You can park at the front of the building or in our car park at the back of the building off Union St.
- So that you can move freely and safely you will need to wear dance appropriate attire. A leotard and leggings or shorts OR a fitted shirt and leggings or shorts. If it’s cold (you never know with the weather at the moment) bring a warm top in case. You will also need to bring a pair of socks and clean sneakers.
- Be ready to have a lot of fun and make some new friends, then go home ready to rest and recuperate for the next day of fabulous fun!
The School Holiday Dance Day Camp is open to kids of all abilities & experience, so come & have some fun in a safe & nurturing environment.
If you have any questions, please call us on 8362 7902 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message by clicking the blue and white button at the bottom right on the screen.